Second fire in as many days caused by discarded cigarette
Lethbridge Fire and EMS Photo Credit to MyLethbridgeNow.com
A house fire on the north side Friday causing about $100,000 in damage.
Firefighters from three stations were called to the 700 block of 12A Street north just before noon.
Flames were coming from the front of the house when they arrived and crews quickly determined the blaze had started under the front deck.
Investigators say a discarded cigarette sparked it.
There were no injuries.
It’s the second fire in two days caused by improper disposal of smoking materials after an apartment balcony fire on the west side Thursday.